Saturday 13 March 2010

warning: jenny on meds


This morning, I woke up with a ton of pressure around my nose and eyes with a massive headache.
oh no! I know that's what all of you must be thinking.
thank you sinusitis (aka sinus infection. haha I googled it today and I'm not sure why the doctor just didn't say that. It was so funny when he declared in his middle eastern accent, "you have tonsilitis and sinusitis")

today was supposed to be devoted to me staying in all day in hope of getting better and studying. That was the plan...but then remembered that I needed a new camera! And it all just went down hill from there.
instead of staying indoors all day, I....

got warming granola at Pret

got a new camera just off Edgeware road

explored the huge Marks and Spencers there (new favorite store. I love grocery stores) and got oj

came back and studied for about 4.5 hours for my british lit test

took yet another nap (see, I wasn't out all day. don't worry mom, I'm resting)

was easily convinced to leave the centre yet again. but it was for a good cause! food.

went to TukTuk with Laura and Ally and got the second best mussman curry (first being thaidrift).

got ben and jerry's at tesco (a girl has got to have her chocolate ice cream when she's sick)

Then I came back, hoping to study the rest of the night away and take my test. Laura and Sarah helped me eat my ice cream that I was supposed to save for after my test, and then somehow I was walking with them to H&M and Zara. They are both in this big mall, Whiteleys, which is just down the street from us. I love that we can just walk there. Anyways, I bought this cute light pink british dress and then came home, for real this time. I studied for another two hours, took the test, and then wanted to die from exhaustion!!!

And that was my day in a nutshell. I feel like a crazy woman right now.

It's probably the meds.

Or it's just me??
I'm not sure I want to know!


I love being here and I love all the people here. They inspire me to be more passionate, grateful, loving, understanding, and just overall better. I'm starting to have such torn feelings about only having a few weeks left here. There is still SO much that I need to do here, yet nothing feels quite like home when you're sick. My mom sent me the best email and it made me feel much better.
I'm so happy to be here even though we have to stay cooped up for days during midterms! there are definitely some major ups and downs from being across the ocean from home and family while also living with so many people, but it's worth it. I've learned so much about life. I'm not even sure what, I just know I've learned a lot.

my thoughts are all over the place right now, so this is all for tonight. I need to get some sleep or I'll just get more loopy.

sweet dreams where ever you may be in the world

love jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment