Thursday 11 March 2010

moms know best

After skyping my mom last night, she made me visit the doctor today. It was quite the experience.

Macfarlane helped me set up an appointment this morning at the medicentre. I hurried right on over because they were able to get me right in. I filled out some paper work and ate some refreshments (all doctor offices should have refreshments. why don't they do that in the states?? it was a very nice touch) The doctor listened to me breathe and checked my mouth, ears, and throat. He proceeded to tell me that I have tonsillitis and sinusitis.

What?!?



I did not see that coming at all. I wasn't even sure I was going to visit the doctor this morning. good thing I did! I guess bronchitis or whatever I had a few weeks ago turned into this, because this is definitely something new. He said that I have just been too stressed with school, sight-seeing, working out, and balancing everything. I know, I know, I should have listened to my mother the first time when she said, "Jenny, you need to go to the doctor tomorrow. why don't you ever listen to me?"


Moral of the story: moms are always right


anyways, he prescribed me penicillin and I was on my way. The health system here is so strange. They basically only needed my name and my credit card to get me in with a doctor. After that, it took like two minutes after that to fill my prescription at Boots.


After class, I slept the afternoon away and then met up with a friend for dinner. We weren't friends before the dinner, but now we are definitely friends! Her name is Esohe, and my cousin Holly met Esohe on her mission. (Holly came to London on her mission). We went to this great restaurant called Sophies, and we talked about our favorite aspects of London and America and just everyday-life stuff. She's so fun and nice! New friends are the best. seriously.
We ate lobster avocado sandwiches. yum. She wanted to try the restaurant because she had seen them making that sandwich on a cooking show. I took her to ben's cookies after that because she had never tried them. To be a true local, that is a must.
Holly- thanks for introducing us! :)

I think that's about it for today. I know, I have been slacking with uploading pictures. I will update everything soon.

I must go to sleep right now...doctor's orders (and mother's).

I love doctors and mums. They make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment