Wednesday 10 March 2010

real life pride and prejudice

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Jane Austen

all of us have been talking about our future weddings a lot recently. You can't blame us when we have days like today.



not one, but TWO of my dreams came true today!


first off, I saw Stourhead.
does anyone know what was filmed there?

I will tell you!
So, to all your pride and prejudice lovers...
remember the part in the most recent movie where Darcy professes his love for Elizabeth? It's raining outside, and they have a heated discussion almost ending with a kiss.
Well, that place is Stourhead! It was filmed at the temple of Apollo.
It was so beautiful there, even though it was chilly with no flowers. We took a stroll around the lake there and followed some of the cute ducks.
It was a little sad because the temple of Apollo was under construction with scaffolding.
oh well! I will just have to go back.



Second....
we went to Jane Austen's home!
We saw her desk where she wrote many of her books, her bedroom, her kitchen, and her garden. Right when I walked into the house, Kira was playing on Jane Austen's piano. She was playing music from the new movie! It was so magical.
At the gift shop, I bought an amazing copy of Pride and Prejudice.





ok so true confession from jenny.

I have never read P&P all the way through from cover to cover. don't judge!
I have seen the movie hundreds of times (literally), and I remember many nights sleeping over at my grandma's watching the six hour version. I love the new version, but the old one is classic! Nothing will beat it.
I also just love Collin Firth.




did I mention that I'm watching the new pride and prejudice movie right now?
as i sit here in the classroom blogging, we're watching the movie... and that scene in stourhead just happened!
All of us screamed when it came on.
It was fun to know we had been there just a few short hours ago.

We also went to Winchester, where Jane Austen was buried.
My camera was dead, so I didn't get any of my own pictures. A few of my friends took some pictures for me, so I will put them up later.


"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment