Sunday 7 February 2010

who needs to grow up?







Like I said in my last post, I forgot my camera yesterday. I borrowed these pictures from Emma and Audrey. Thank you for the beautiful pictures!

Today has been my best week at my ward so far. I'm starting to really feel like a member of the ward, and everyone there is so friendly. I taught primary again today, and I used plato in my lesson that my mom sent me. I only had three kids to teach this week, so they were really well behaved. We also had a great fast and testimony meeting. I felt like I needed to formally introduce myself to everyone, so I got up and did just that! And I also bore my testimony. I really like that the wards here are so small. Everyone has to be really involved to keep the ward going. It's also easier to get to know everyone- it feels more like a big family.

Kellen, Sarah and I are starting to interview people in the ward for our religion class (we are supposed to interview five people in the ward). I had my first encounter with the missionaries today, and they are really awesome. One is from Canada and the other is from Herefordshire, England. He has a sweet accent, and he's pretty cute too ;)
I'm really excited for next week because we are making valentine's in primary for the bishop, the missionaries, and the parents. Two of the girls in primary are getting baptized on Saturday, and I wish I could be there! I will be flying home from Rome though.
As always, I came back after church and fell asleep instead of doing anything productive. Normally I don't like naps, but everyone here is always so worn out! They keep us really busy. Church also is pretty tiring because it takes about six hours out of the day with commuting and then the meetings. I love it though. I'm realizing how much people sacrifice for the church. All the members here are so strong! They are great examples to me.


This is starting to feel like home now, and I'm so happy I'm here. I thought I would be more homesick, but I'm not. I'm loving every minute here, and I'm so grateful to have this opportunity. I have already grown so much, and I've only been here a month. It's the best feeling to be able to look back and see changes and growth. I feel like I am maybe starting to become a grown up. How crazy is that? haha I still have a long ways to go though.

For right now...I am young, and I am loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment