Wednesday 21 April 2010

"expect me any day now real soon"

I heard this line from the michael buble song the other day with laura.
I'm coming home very soon:)



Here at the centre, we have started playing sports in hyde park to pass the time. On monday we played soccer and today we played football. On monday I also saw Billy Elliot-- we used the tickets that I was supposed to use with my parents:(
oh well! I wished my parents could have been there, but christina and macy were pretty fun too:) We went to Zizzi's for dinner before the show. The volcano erupted again on monday, so my flight for tuesday was cancelled. I had no idea when I was going to make it home.

On tuesday, I went to camden market one last time.
I ate some yummy chinese food, fresh orange juice, and donuts.
I also got some presents for the fam



I stuck out like a sore thumb with my french braids and white collared shirt
(the locals in camden usually sport black platform boots with huge spikes)



That night, I tried to see the movie premier for the Last Song with Miley Cyrus. It ended up being cancelled because the stars could not fly in!! (volcano ruining plans once again)
Since we couldn't see the premier, Anna, Sarah, Margaret and I decided to go Nando's and Dear John at Westfelds.
I LOVE NANDO'S! For the past four months, everyone here has been obsessed. I didn't see what the big deal was, but now I have started to become addicted. Nando's and Dear John were a perfect combo because I loved them both. I also got another flight booked for friday, so I was feeling pretty good.

That brings us today.

The day that my flight got changed to thursday.
I get to go home TOMORROW!!

I can't believe it. It feels so surreal.

I spent all morning playing soccer at hyde park and then running to my favorite spots, such as the peter pan statue, the prince albert memorial statue, the italian fountains, the round pond, and the serpentine. After showering, I went back to hyde park again for a lovely picnic of KFC.



afterwards, we walked over to the Serpentine to go on the paddle boats! I have been wanting to do it all semester, so I was excited to finally do it.

d



I went to Nando's again with a bunch of the girls here, and my friend's purse was stolen. Our group has gone this entire time with nothing stolen or hurt until today. A day that we aren't even supposed to be here anymore! haha oh goodness. I felt really bad for her. What made it even worse was that it was her cath kidston purse! ahh heaven forbid.

Right before the thievery, I called my dad, and he told me that flights were opening up for tomorrow. He was able to get me one, and all of a sudden I'm here sitting on my bunk bed for the last time ever.

I went to Ben's cookies and Food & Wine for the last time to get treats for my family.


All my suitcases have been packed and weighed. It took a number of times to repack everything and get the right weight amount! (I was not going to have a repeat of my flight over here. I sure learned my lesson)



I helped christina pack. ha:) what an adventure.





I just wrote on my bunk bed.



Writing on the bunk seals the deal. That means I'm really done here. The spring term people also get here in four days, so it's time that I get out of here (some of the students here don't have flights til tuesday)


My flight leaves in 10 hours, and I will be home in 24.

I am so happy that I get to be home tomorrow with my family, but I am so sad to leave London and my friends here.



I LOVE LONDON:)

1 comment:

  1. i'm SO GLAD You're making it home tomorrow!! Jenny this makes me so happy. And who's bag was stolen?? :( that's terrible. i love the pictures of your bags packed and CJ's... mess. Miss you, love you, see you in UTAH!

    ReplyDelete